Eighth Workshop on the Philosophy of Information
Call for Abstracts
The general theme for this year is the role of data in biomedical sciences, and should encourage an exchange between the philosophy and methodology of the biomedical sciences and the philosophy of information about what it means to use data as evidence or to use data as information for understanding, but also for action (informing/supporting decisions).
Topics of interest include:
- Epistemic standards for evidence
- Evidence Based Medicine
- Information in probabilistic and abductive reasoning
- Data and information visualisation in biomedical sciences
- Data and information in biomedical informatics
- The value and importance of reproducible results
- The place of negative results
- Open data, and the distribution and re-use of data
Abstracts of 500-1000 words should be submitted no later than 15 March 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Extended to 1 April 2016.
Submissions will be evaluated by the programme committee, and acceptance notifications will be issued by (postponed to) 22 April 2016.